Tuesday, 16 October 2012

So Seoul is booked....


So I've decided to go for it and visit Korea. A friend of mine is working over there at the moment and with cheap flights, I saw it as the perfect opportunity to get out of this place!

I’m very excited although a little nervous. My Korean language skills are non-existent and from what I hear, not many people speak English in Korea. Still it makes a change to going somewhere like Germany or Italy
where I can get by in the local language. With new characters and a completely different language, this is going to be an interesting trip. I discovered that one of Korea’s national parks lies just in the north of Seoul so it’s an excellent opportunity to get outdoors and go for a hike. I have heard it gets very busy, who would have thought hiking in a capital city could be so popular. Not sure if the air so as fresh as it should be on a hike though. No doubt the smog will get into my lungs and I won’t last five minutes but it’s an adventure all the same.

I noticed a company that also organize food tasting tours of the local markets and restaurants. It would be great to learn about Korean food, what they love and how they eat it, but it does take away the excitement of not having a clue what the squirming lumps in my bowl are. I've heard live octopus is a must…..

So just a week to go and I cannot wait. Now I just need to sort out my won and guide book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment